Clinical trials are part of clinical research and at the heart of all medical advances. Clinical trials look at new ways to prevent, detect, or treat disease. Treatments might be new drugs or new combinations of drugs, new surgical procedures or devices, or new ways to use existing treatments. The goal of clinical trials is to determine if a new test or treatment works and is safe. Clinical trials can also look at other aspects of care, such as improving the quality of life for people with chronic illnesses.
Finding a Clinical Trial
- NIH – Finding a Clinical Trial
- Clinical Trials in Texas A&M Vet School
- Hospital Physicians in Clinical Research
- Center for Translational Research on Aging and Longevity
- Clinical Trials @ Houston Methodist Hospital Research Institute
- Clinical Trials and Studies – Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry